Facelift in Sugar Land, TX
Facelift surgery restores and rejuvenates the face and neck so that you look younger. Dr. Stapenhorst believes facelift surgery is one of the key procedures for patients who wish to address the changes of facial aging. Facelift surgery redefines the jawline, improves the definition of the neck, and smooths wrinkles and folds in the lower half of the face. After their facelift surgeries, men and women in Sugar Land, Houston and other areas of Texas have a younger, yet natural appearance.
Aging is inevitable, but it is still possible to feel confident about your appearance at any age. Facelift surgery has always been one of the most sought after plastic surgery procedures. By combining facelift surgery techniques with other facial procedures, Dr. Stapenhorst is able to present both women and men with a variety of options to achieve the improvements they want while maintaining a natural, refreshed appearance.
How Will a Facelift Improve My Appearance?
Dr. Stapenhorst recommends facelift surgery to men and women who want to improve the signs of facial aging. Areas of concern treated by facelift surgery include:
- Generalized skin laxity
- Sagging of the soft tissues of the cheeks
- Loss of definition of the jaw line
- Loss of definition of the neck, excess fat in the neck, and the appearance of bands in the neck
- Deepening of the creases extending down from the corners of the mouth
Recommended for Men and Women Beginning at 40 Years of Age
As men and women reach the age of 40, the soft tissues of the face begin to lose the elasticity and volume that preserves a youthful appearance. Fine lines begin to appear around the eyes, on the forehead, and around the mouth. Facelift surgery softens the signs of aging, and the specific cosmetic concerns that can be remedied depend upon your age.
- Having facelift surgery when you are 40 to 50 years old gives you an advantage over the aging process. Dr. Stapenhorst is able to redefine the jaw line and neck providing patients with a refreshed appearance.
- Men and women between 50 to 60 years old often experience a disparity between how they look and how they feel. You may have the energy and vitality of a younger person, but your facial lines and wrinkles tell a different story.
- Between the ages of 60 to 70 years old more obvious signs of facial aging are appearing. The deeper creases and folds on your face can make you look tired, sad, or even angry. Facelift surgery removes excess skin and suspends the deeper soft tissues so that your face shows your inner happiness and fulfillment in life.
- For patients over the age of 70, the most common areas for cosmetic issues are the eyes and neck. Extra fat and skin in the eyelids causes skin to fall over the eyes and interfere with vision. This condition is typically addressed with Eyelid Surgery, however when a facelift is performed at the same time as eyelid surgery the cheeks, jaw line, and neck can be addressed as well. Banding and excess skin of the neck is also a common complaint of patients who are over the age of 70.
How a Face Lift Reduces the Signs of Aging
Facelift surgery is not intended to completely remove lines and wrinkles. Rather, the surgery reverses some of the signs of facial aging. Your appearance looks refreshed and rejuvenated, and most people may only notice subtle, but attractive, improvements.
Advanced Face Lift Techniques Customized for Each Patient
Based upon your age and cosmetic needs, Dr. Stapenhorst bases his surgical approach on two general techniques — a Traditional Facelift or a Limited Incision Facelift. He then customizes the technique to give you optimum results. Both surgeries require general anesthesia, and depending on your medical history you may need to stay in the hospital overnight.
Traditional Facelift Technique
If Dr. Stapenhorst uses the Traditional Facelift Technique for your surgery, he begins the incision behind the hairline at your temple. He then carefully continues the incision along the junction of the ear and cheek and finally the incision curves behind the earlobe and extends into the hairline of the scalp. Once the incisions are made, he elevates the skin and fat of the cheeks, and he may tighten the deeper soft tissues with sutures. He then redrapes the facial skin over the area and trims any excess fat and skin. If your neck area is included in the surgical plan, he then makes an incision under your chin. The skin of the neck is then elevated and any excess fat or muscle laxity in the neck is treated. The skin of the neck is the redraped and any excess skin and fat is removed prior to closing the incisions.
Limited Incision Facelift Technique
The Limited Incision Facelift Techniques differs slightly from a Traditional Facelift Technique. The incisions start just below the temples, and follow the same path along the ear-cheek junction, around the earlobe, and ending at the scalp.
On the Road to Recovery and a Youthful Face
After your facelift surgery, you will have some symptoms associated with healing, and you will need to limit your activities.
Common Symptoms After Facelift Surgery
Most symptoms last only a few days, but you may have less severe symptoms for up to three months.
Dr. Stapenhorst may prescribe pain medications for your recovery.
Restrictions on Activities
You will need to stay home for at least a few days after your surgery. After that, Dr. Stapenhorst may recommend that you avoid exercise and other strenuous activities for a few weeks.
Seeing the Results of Your Facelift Surgery
Your face is bandaged after the surgery, and the bandages are removed approximately 24 to 48 hours after the surgery. As the bandages are removed, you will be able to see how the surgery reduced the signs of aging. Over the next three months, the swelling gradually decreases, and you are able to see the full results of the surgery.
Facelift Surgery by Dr. David Stapenhorst
As a board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. David Stapenhorst takes great pride in helping his patients feel better at any age. He is highly skilled in facelift surgery and other cosmetic and reconstructive procedures. You will feel confident in your choice of plastic surgeon because he takes a compassionate and caring approach to each and every patient.
The Next Step to Feeling More Confident!
Don’t let lines, wrinkles and creases keep you from feeling great at your age! Find out more about facelift surgery at Signature Plastic Surgery! Contact us today to schedule a personal consultation with Dr. Stapenhorst.
Located in Sugar Land and serving Houston and surrounding communities, Signature Plastic Surgery is a premier plastic and reconstructive surgical center. Dr. David Stapenhorst is well-respected amongst his peers and patients, and we look forward to helping you feel more confident with facelift surgery.
|Missouri City Facelift||Houston Facelift Surgery|
|Katy Facelift||Rosenberg Facelift|
|West University Place Facelift||Fort Bend County Facelift|