Mini Tummy Tuck in Sugar Land, TX
Not all patients require a full tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) to remove excess skin, fat, and other soft tissue from their lower abdomen. Some actually prefer mild alterations to help them meet their cosmetic goals. For these individuals, a mini tummy tuck might be the perfect option for tightening the abdominal profile. Dr. David Stapenhorst of Signature Plastic Surgery can help patients achieve a slim and well-toned appearance with this safe and effective procedure.
What Is a Mini Tummy Tuck?
One of the most common places that many people store fat is the lower abdomen just below the navel. Even those that eat well and exercise regularly might find themselves struggling with loose skin and pockets of fat that are nearly impossible to eliminate. A mini tummy tuck, sometimes called a partial abdominoplasty, is very similar to a full tummy tuck, and both are carried out to create a smooth and slim abdominal profile. A mini tummy tuck has the added benefits of a shorter procedure time, shorter recovery time, and a smaller incision.
What are the Benefits to the Mini Tummy Tuck Procedure?
When carried out by an experienced surgeon such as Dr. Stapenhorst, a mini tummy tuck can produce amazing results. After the swelling has gone down and the patient has recovered from their procedure, they will immediately notice a flatter stomach and toned skin. For those that continue to exercise and maintain a healthy diet, the results of a mini tummy tuck could last a lifetime. This means smaller clothes, more confidence, and a beautiful midsection.
Am I a Candidate for a Mini Tummy Tuck?
All patients will need to speak with Dr. Stapenhorst to see if they would make a good candidate for a mini tummy tuck or a full tummy tuck. During your initial screening, you will also be able to ask questions about the procedure and express your concerns.
The absolute best candidates are patients in good physical and emotional health with realistic expectations. The candidate will also need to meet the following criteria:
- Have skin along the lower abdomen that has lost its elasticity due to weight loss, pregnancy, or one’s genetics.
- Have excess skin and soft tissue below the navel that is not responsive to dieting and exercise
Mini Tummy Tuck Procedure
This is an outpatient procedure that can almost always be carried out in under two hours. Dr. Stapenhorst will begin by removing some of the skin and fat from just below the navel. After this soft tissue is out of the way, he will then reposition the abdominal muscles, pull the skin tight, and suture the incision.
Mini Tummy Tuck Recovery
- One of the reasons that many patients choose this procedure is because the recovery time is much shorter than a full tummy tuck.One of the reasons that many patients choose this procedure is because the recovery time is much shorter than a full tummy tuck.
- Patients will be provided with a compression garment that must be worn for a full two weeks. It is vital that the patient wears their compression garment at all times to facilitate the healing process.
- You might experience some swelling and discomfort for a few days following the surgery. Anyone that experiences these issues for longer than a few day should contact Dr. Stapenhorst immediately.
- The average patient can return to at least some of their normal daily activities within a week, but strenuous activity should be avoided for at least two full weeks.
Mini Tummy Tuck Results
Inflammation around your lower abdomen will prevent you from seeing the results immediately, but it will not take long for the swelling to go down. After about a week, most patients will begin to notice the amazing results of their mini tummy tuck.
How much does a Mini Tummy Tuck cost in Sugar Land, TX?
Signature Plastic Surgery works with CareCredit® to provide financing options for patients. Within a few hours, you can be pre-approved for your cosmetic procedure.